Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Update on BJD

As you can see I have worked on the BJD a bit more. I added her neck and worked on one of her legs. It doesn't show in the picture but I did alot of sanding and refining. I think I will leave the torso alone for a while, but I'm sure I will have to do some more work on it when I make the ball joints. I'm not going to add any more details to the torso until I finished fitting the ball joints.

2 comments:

BabesbyBarb said...

Lori I am following your progress on your bjd, its looking great, can I ask what is going in the arms to keep them hollow, or are you removing the armature you show in the photo
barb

Lori Metcalf Dolls said...

Hi Barb,
The armature is brass tubing. It will stay and since it's hollow, hopefully I will be able to string her through it. I'm buying a tool soon that I will cut the arms, at the elbow, and legs, at the knees with. Then I will grind it smooth and add the ball joint to them. It sounds good in theory, but will see how it works in real life.
Lori