This weekend I was able to work on the new mini baby doll that I have started. I got one leg done and started working on the other one. The proportion of the new armatures that I'm using are better then the last, but they are a bit too thick at the bottom ankle part. I will probably grind the other set down. I'm also going to experiment with making armatures from foil. It will help with the cost of the dolls and I will be able to control the thickness so I won't have all the issues with them being to thick because I will make them they way I want.
I'm excited to start working on the BJD (ball joint doll). I have the armature finished.
Here are some pictures of how the armature turned out. All that I have read about OOAK (one-of-a-kind) ball joint dolls, is that they are usually made from paper clay. I don't particularly like to work with paper clay so I had to figure out a way to sculpt the doll in polymer clay. After much thought, I came up with making the armature from brass tubes. Then you can string the doll without having to drill hole. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that it works the way I think it will.
I have the clay and eyes that I ordered. Now I just need to get busy and do it.