Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finished a mini baby

Well the new mini baby is off to my sister’s house to be dressed. My sister Denise has been dressing my dolls for a few years now. She is a very creative seamstress, and since I’m not good at sewing and I also don’t particularly enjoy that aspect of doll making, I’m very happy to let her do it.
I’m still not very happy with the way this baby turned out. I think once Denise dresses her I might like her a bit more, but I’m sure I will be sending her off to a new home soon.
I was thinking the other day why it was that I liked the other baby head and not this one. I’ve come to the conclusion that with the first baby head I was sculpting with a reference photo, and with the second one I wasn’t. So this proves to me that I need to always have a good reference photo to work from. It’s not that I’m trying to achieve a portrait sculpt from the photo, but more that I have a real face to look at and reference from.
So I will post pictures of this new baby when she is dressed, and hope that someone will want to have her for their own.

1 comment:

BabesbyBarb said...

Lori this baby is very sweet, cant wait to see her dressed
barb