Friday, July 11, 2008

Bear Lake 2008

Every year my family spends a few days together at Bear Lake. We have been doing this family trip since before I was born, but now it has become more, we have four generations of our family staying together. Bear Lake for us is a time to unplug and unwind, one family has a boat but for most of us we just enjoy time together in the quite breeze of the lake. Since my family is very artistic we always seem to have some sort of craft to do while we are there. Some of the years we have tie dyed t-shirts. This is quite a site to see, everyone from my 80 year old mother to the newest great grandchild wearing tie dyed shirts, it's a cross between some sort of hippy commune, or grateful dead concert, we do create quite a site.
This year some of us made vision boards. Mine is now hanging in my doll room. You create a vision board to help stimulate positive changes in your life, things you would like to see happen, or just pictures, words that feel positive to you.
It was also my youngest granddaughter's 1st birthday while we were there. She is such a sweet little girl! Being a grandma has been a complete joy, and this youngest granddaughter is as great as they come. She has beautiful red hair that looks like it might get some curl to it, and lovely green eyes. I just wish I could sculpt babies as beautiful as she is. I could make a killing in the doll world if I could.
I have to say I think Bear Lake 2008 went very well, I personally had a great time. It was relaxing, beautiful, and refreshing.

No comments: