Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Mother's Birthday

Today is my Mother’s birthday, she is 82, but please don’t tell her I posted it here. She has never really liked telling her age. I don’t know why, because no one would guess that she is that old. She looks and acts at least 10 years younger then she is. She still has a pretty active lifestyle. She belongs to a few walking groups that sponsor walks that she participates in, and walks quite a few times a week around her neighborhood. She also loves to garden in her yard. She can’t handle the heavy work that she used to do, but she will still plant and weed and water her gardens.
My Mother loves the piano she has played it for most of her life. As a little girl it was my alarm clock to get up. She played at our church for many years and I can remember her practicing. She didn’t mind playing for small groups at the church or other functions, but was never comfortable playing in front of big groups of people. I think for the most part, just playing at her house for herself brings her the most satisfaction. She loves to go to concerts, plays and art shows.
So I will take my card and flowers to her today on my lunch break. I will give her a big hug and let her know that I’m so happy to still have her in my life, and wish her a Happy Birthday!





No comments: