Monday, April 14, 2008

Time is flying

Wow been a few to many days since I have posted anything. I have been working on my BJD and mini baby, but I have not taken any pictures of the progress yet. It has been rather frustrating working on the BJD. I bet I have wasted at least 1/2 a block of clay trying to get her hip socket right. I think I have finally got them now. I went and bought wooden balls the size I needed for the ball joint of the socket. Then when I sculpted the hip I took the wooden ball and pushed it into the clay to form the socket. So far I think it will work, but the real test will be when I try to string her. Well I will try to get some pictures posted of the progress soon.
My running has been a struggle, I ran about 91/2 miles Saturday and it felt OK but not great. I have a 30K in two weeks and I hope I will do better then I did at the 1/2 marathon. I'm having some serious reservations about running the marathon.
My oldest son graduates from Utah State University in a few weeks. I can't believe it, time has gone by so fast. It just seems like yesterday he was just starting.
My youngest son will graduate High school so it is a time of transition for both of them. For me it is very exciting to see them grow and develop into such wonderful young men.

No comments: