Monday, November 27, 2017

Finished Angel Cast


So here is the finished mold of the angel relief sculpture. I am happy with the results, but it has become really clear to me that I didn't need to make the walls nearly as think as I made them. It would have saved me some cost for the materials. Just a really good lesson to learn .



Here is the first resin cast. I mixed bronze powder into the resin before I added the catalyst. It was much darker that I anticipated it to be. It seemed to not be this dark on the You Tube videos that I watched about this process. But I could be wrong. It was the color of the bronze powder. Maybe I need to try a different metal powder.  


Here she is after a couple rounds of buffing with 0000 steal wool. I have to say I am not really happy with the results. This is one of those moments that makes me question my abilities. Why do I even want to try to be an artist? The vision of how I wanted her to look is not this. I made another cast using a different process but I am not sure it will be must better. Not sure where I am going to go after this. 

No comments: