Friday, March 16, 2012
Casting The Sculpture
Here are some picture of the casting process for this sculpture. First we removed the plaster outer mold. Then carefully separated the silicone mold, making sure that is didn't rip.
This picture shows the two mold pieces resting on the plaster pieces. I removed any clay that was stuck in the deeper creases of her hair.
So after a few layers of resin we filled the rest of the mold with expandable foam, and boy did it expand! Pretty crazy stuff!
Here is the cast of the sculpture. So now I need to figure out how I am going to finish her. Not sure what I want to do yet so for now she sits in my room in a box, kind of sad for her after all that work. So I better figure out something soon.