Thursday, September 1, 2011

Almost Finished!

How long have I been working on this doll? I don't even what to think about it. But I made some good progress this week.
I got the painting done, her face, nails, and a light wash of color on her body
Here is a picture of her skirt, it is made in a peddle design. Layers of sheer white with pinkish, periwinkle dots and then sheer peachy pink. The color reminds me of the color of ballet tights when I was a little girl in ballet class.

Her top part of the dress is made from fusible fiber in a opal type color. You can't see it in the pictures but the iridescent color in the fiber is the same beautiful ballet pink color as her skirt. I used a silk fusion method that my older sister taught me to stick the fiber to her body. Around the back is some cute rosettes and then in the front I randomly sewed seed beads to the skirt.
I thought I would be able to finally finish her up but when I got into my storage of hair I was out of black! Since she has a very Asian feel I think she will need the black hair. I also think it will be a nice contrast with her outfit. Until her hair arrives she will have to wait.

2 comments:

LuceLuna Reborn Dolls said...

This is an incredible work. She seem almost true! I love her big and sweet eyes^_^

Emily said...

Wow she is almost done! Beautiful.