Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flying Fairy Take 2

So the previous try at making a flying fairy was not acceptable this is something that my brother-in-law has asked me to make for him, and as much as I like fairies but am a bit tired of them. After this one I need to try something new.
Here is a shot of her face... I think the book I am reading about some Chinese sisters has somehow seeped into my fingers. I really was not intending on making as Asian looking face so I hope my brother-in-law doesn't mind. She seems a bit masculine to me, but hopefully I when she is painted and has hair that will change. I also don't really care for the glass eyes that I used. I would have liked to use white beads and paint the eyes but again that was not what the customer asked for so I used glass eyes. I think the pupils are a bit to big.


Here are a couple of body shots so far. I hope to add the rest of the arms and legs this week.

3 comments:

Rebag said...

I just love these dolls you create!! Would love to see the entire process from start to finish, I can only imagine all the hours this must take!

W. Tyler Metcalf said...

You're awesome Mom!

hapi said...

Hi Lori Metcalf, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!