Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Dolls


So I have been working on some new dolls. The first is a fairy, for now I'm calling her Crackzilla because she has been a complete pain!

I thought I would try Kato Clay, and have so much trouble with it. I love the finished look of the clay but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... It has been cracking so much I don't know if I will be able to finish this fairy.

As you can see by the pictures, I have had to fix her numerous times and I'm still not close to completing her.





Karl, who asked me to make this doll, wanted a flying fairy... so here is a funny picture of her flying in my oven while she was cooking a bit :)


Here is another doll that I'm working on. I thought this was a rather sweet face. I have some plans for her running around in my brain but I'm not saying anything yet, so stay tuned.


Here I just drew some eyes on her, so you can see what she might look like. Boy after looking at the pictures my room looks very messy... I will try to at least clean off an area to take the pictures so you don't have to see all my messes.

3 comments:

The Pixie Knoll said...

Hi there, Lori! It's been a while since I was running amuck out in blog land. I wanted to say how lovely your 2 new projects are. Crackzilla....I know what you mean. They are nothing but little beast when they do not cooperate with our plans for them. haha But, keep working on that flying Crackzilla, as I have a feeling she is gonna be beautiful once she is finished. And, the other one has such a sweet face, I know I'm gonna fall in love with her too. I can't wait for them to be finished!

Hugs,
Lori

BabesbyBarb said...

I love both of your latest creations, the little one really tugs at my heart strings, she is a beauty. I hope that you can finish the one of Kato, I have some but have not used it yet
barb

Flora said...

Thanks for sharing this info. I was just reading about another artist who uses Kato clay and she loves it? I thought I'd like to try it too but not so sure now? Your work is gorgeous!!!
Blessings,Flora