Saturday, February 6, 2010

Deanna's Birthday Doll




Today we, my mom and siblings, celebrated my sister Deanna's birthday. I'll be nice and not post her age, if she wants that out there she can do it on her own blog. I'm the youngest of 4 girls and one brother stuck in the middle of us. All are very talented individuals, Deanna is a weaver. This was a big birthday for her so I knew that I wanted to create a doll for her. She has in the past commented that she would like one of my fairy dolls, but when I started thinking of what I wanted to make for her birthday I knew I needed to make a goddess doll. Deanna is also an Aquarius, so water needed to be a part of the sculpt.


Deanna is the ultimate profectionist, with an uncanny eye for detail and color combination's. I have learned so much from her and have always appreciated her insight and thoughts about my dolls.

So to my dear sister I hope you enjoy your goddess doll, and realize that every woman deserves to feel like a goddess. Love ya always!

5 comments:

Marion said...

Lori- She is WONDERFUL! You are so talented!

Deanna said...

She is beautiful and I love her. When I got home I spent time looking at her, the detail is wonderful.

Tami Eveslage said...

This is simply stunning!!!Very beautiful! You are incredibly talented and yes I'd love it if we lived closer to sculpt together too. We'd have to have your sisters along for a big creative party.

ziggy stardust said...

Hi, your dolls are wonderful! I'm a novice dollmaker and cannot even entertain the thought of making my own BJD! I saw on your earlier blogs that you attended a retreat, do you know of any that are currently available? I finally found a tutorial online, but I don't know if I want to go through the grief all alone! Thanks and cheers!

Lori Fox said...

Hi Ziggy,
I don't know of any retreats that are going on at this time. I have check the forum from the class that I took, but it looks like they are not having any classes any time soon. There are a few book, and forum, and guild that have alot of great information about making ball jointed dolls. I'm going to try my had at it again real soon. I need to finish up a few other projects then I'm going to start a new BJD. So check back in a while and maybe we can work it out together online.