Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Twilight Vortex

It has been a while since I have posted anything; but quite literally, all my time has been consumed with reading the Twilight series of books. I know, I know, I’m very slow on jumping on this bandwagon. My youngest daughter had read them all last year and I think all the ladies at work, my sisters etc. But when I was at Bear Lake with my family this year they were all talking about it so much, I felt totally out of the loop. So I figured that since I was on furlough for a while I would read a good book. I purchased the first two because they were on a good sale. I read the first and started the second before I went back to work. Not thinking that I would get so caught up in the book.

I feel like I need to explain some of my apprehension to reading. First, I’m not that fast of a reader and the books were very long so I knew it was going to take me a while to get through it. Second, I know that once I get into a book all other things fall by the way side. So here I am a few pages from the end of the third book… (can’t wait to start the forth) hiding in the bathroom at work, doing the minimal expected of all my house hold chores. Trying to sneak a few more pages while I’m standing in line at the grocery store, and forget about sculpting, it has been non-existant since I started the books. I have been acting like a complete zombie with my head buried in the book. AHHHGGG! THE GUILT !!! I feel so guilty for wanting to spend all my time reading about Bella and Edward, when there are so many other things I need to accomplish. I wish that I enjoyed listening to audio books, but I think there is something missing from that, sitting down and getting lost in a good book is like candy to your brain, and if most books are candy, Twilight must be heroin!

No comments: