Sunday, August 24, 2008

NAMI - Our Families Walk for Scott


My family is participating in the NAMI walk in Salt Lake City on September 27th, Franklin Covey Field at 9:00 am. This will be our second year participating in this walk in remembrance of Scott .
I will probably blog a few times before and after this walk about Scott. He was someone that made an impact on my life and the lives of my husband and kids. Scott was married to my cousin. Bill and Scott became good friends shortly after he married into the family, we had kids close to the same ages so we spent lots of time together, and they were the couple when we wanted to go out with others were the ones we would call first.
Scott and I work for the same company for many years, we were also on the same team in that company, and were able to spend time together there. I can remember people spreading rumors until they realized that we were family. But Scott was almost like having another brother for me, and another father figure for my kids. Bill considered him his best friend.
I'd like to share one memory about Scott in this post. I have been having so many things happen with my dolls recently and Scott would have been so happy for me. I'm bless to have many people in my family that are supportive, it was different with Scott, maybe because he was married in to the family I felt that his opinion was a bit more objective.
Scott and I never ran too much together because he was much faster them me. But there were a few times, once we ran along the Ogden River Parkway. At the top, in the mouth of Ogden Canyon is a gift shop, as we approached he asked if I had been in there in a while because they had some cool dolls. I hadn't so he talked me into going in. It was nice to have a break any way because I was tired. When we got to the dolls, he was right, they were very cool. He looked at me and said, this can be you Lori... you are talented enough. He was very sincere with his praise and I have to say I was surprised at the time that he would feel that way. It felt so nice to have someone think that because it was so early on in my doll making. I think he would be so happy with all the recent things happening with my dolls.

1 comment:

BabesbyBarb said...

thanks for sharing that story Lori, he was right you are so very talented
barb