Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moab 1/2 Marathon


So I spent this weekend in Moab, Utah running the half marathon with a couple of girl friends. Moab is one of the most scenic places you could ever visit, and the canyon that you run down is spectacular! I really do love this race. I post my miles and times on Fast Running Blog and trust me there are some fast runners posting their times and miles on this blog. Of all the bloggers that participated in the Moab 1/2 I was the slowest... so humiliateing :( I'm probably an embarrasment to the blog. I really don't know what has been up with me lately, if it's age, or that I'm not training effectivly. But I seem to be slowing down considerable and it's making me a bit sad. Also when I participate in running events, I have a hard time pushing myself I think the way others do. Don't get me wrong, I run hard, but not usually until I know that I will make it to the finish line. I don't trust my body, my training, or something. The thoughts of running til I puke don't make me want to run, so I usully hold back until the last few miles before I pick up my pace a bit. I was able to pass quite a few people at the end, but still ended about 5 minutes slower then last year.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. Just so you know, I think you're amazing. I guess when someone is really into a hobby or sport, they become wrapped up in that world. Intense focus is a good thing, because it helps you judge yourself against the norm, and to improve. BUT, sometimes when you feel you're getting nowhere, it helps to take a step back, and look at the whole picture. I don't know any other grandmas who run at all, not to mention competing in marathons! You are an incredibly healthy, gorgeous woman. And, if it helps, you're much faster than your 23 year old daughter-in-law!