Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Bronze Angel

So I have now cast the angel relief that I sculpted a few times. I ordered bronze powder and have been experimenting with different ways to cast her. There has been so much trial and error. Some I like.... some not so much.

So with the one above I added the bronze powder to the resin then did a gel coat to the mold. So far I think this has given me the best bronze look. I buffed the angel with steel wool, but was careful not to buff to much of the background color away.  


With this cast I had tried to method of dusting the mold with the bronze powder before I poured the resin. I was really not happy with the results that I got. So... I decided to get some metal paint and patina from Modern Masters. This process was interesting and I think I might be able to like it. During this I think if I would have left it alone and let it do it's thing I would have liked it better. For now there is so much going on that I think it detracts from the sculpture. Not sure how I feel about this cast, and not really sure where I will go from here. 


Side by side shot of the two casts. I cast one in white resin and will start finishing her soon. Will keep you posted. Any thoughts on them?

No comments: