Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Ceramic Class Updates


A few updates on the sculpture that I am doing in ceramic class. She now has a face... not sure I am happy with it. I'm sure that I will be tweaking and detailing it at some point. 

I don't know if you can tell but I had to give her a new hand. (Look at the one on her abdomen) I got a bit western on her last night and in the process knocked her hand completely off. Ughhh!! I am so not used to this clay or it's properties. 
I have made a few decisions about her. she will keep the hole in her head and I will sculpt a bird coming out of it. Also as you can see her hair comes down to a next on her shoulder. Looking at the picture I think her hairline needs to move down her forehead a bit. I will take a picture of her back side next time ans see how I feel about her hair back there. I will also carve a poem into her back and some trees on her dress. 

No comments: