Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Wasatch Back Realy Experiance

Well I’m happy to say that I survived running in the Wasatch Back Relay. It is a 181 mile relay race from Logan to Park City Utah. I was in the 2nd truck, so we started at leg 7. I was the leg 9 runner. My first two legs were OK the first was in the heat of the day so even though it was only 3.1 miles, I started to slow quite a bit about ¼ mile to the finish, because I was feeling a bit queasy from the heat. My second leg was 6.2 miles and it was in the middle of the night. I liked this leg because it was cool, but running in the dark has its hazards. Even with a head light and the support of the team, I felt a bit unsure of my footing a few times. My last leg was 3.6 miles, not long…but it was at an almost 8% incline on a dirt road. Again it was later in the day so it was starting to get hot. But, as a team we all struggled through out legs and we all finished feeling relatively good. Our team leader called me today, he said that the team has called and wants to do this again next year, and if I was in for it. I said… sure, I have a year to get ready for it. I guess they want to switch it up a bit. My truck will be truck A, so we will have the first part next time. I guess we will have to see how it goes. :)
I will post some pictures when I get them.

No comments: