Thursday, November 4, 2010

Finished Angel


So I got the angel doll finished and entered her into the Springville Art Contest. But she did not get accepted into the show. I think she looks too doll and not enough sculpture, if you know what I mean. I don't think many people think of dolls as art, sad but true.

I like the way she turned out, but I really need to try to get more movement into my work. I'm defiantly stuck in a very doll looking mode and I don't think that is very marketable. She is bigger then I have worked before but I kind of liked that.


Someday soon I hope to get a better camera so that takes better pictures. Hmmm don't see that happening anytime soon, but I can wish.
For now she is above my fireplace... she will probably stay there for a while. I think I will give her to my mom for Christmas, since the last doll I gave her was hideous!

No comments: